Monday, November 9, 2020

Washington State Route 538



On November 1, 2020, we drove through Mount Vernon on Washington State Route 538.

RCW 47.17.780
State route No. 538
:

A state highway to be known as state route number 538 is established as follows:

Beginning at a junction with state route number 5 at Mt. Vernon, thence easterly to a junction with state route number 9.



SR 538 @ I-5
Highway 538 starts at this junction with I-5.

SR 538 in Mount Vernon
Shopping center, shopping center, stoplight, go. Just a couple miles from I-5, still in Mount Vernon, we reach the halfway point of Highway 538.

SR 538 @ SR 9
After passing Skagit Valley College (hence why Highway 538 is called "College Way"), the shops turn to houses, then to forest. But shortly after we start rolling up the hill, we get to this roundabout with SR 9. Highway 538 has ended.

A short drive and no need for a U-turn at the end...

3 comments:

Ty said...

Hi there!

Hope everything is going well!

Your trips are sorely missed!

Sotosoroto said...

Thank you! I had planned to resume this summer, but WSDOT had a lot of construction in Whatcom County and I don't want to drive detours.

James said...

Glad to find this update as well. I was doing maintenance on Feedly and it said I had 4 abandoned feeds and this was one of them. Glad to know the 'vid didn't get you. I have enjoyed your travelogues and I will definitely not let Feedly prune it.